My last communique to you all as President of APICS GV 2013-14 year.
For those joining the board, or have served the board previously, I wanted to send you a list of all that we did this year. For everyone involved, thanks for your hard work. For everyone else – be inspired to do more next year!
- 6 student volunteers served on board to execute vision to position APICS as an extracurricular necessity as part of GV’s supply chain management curriculum.
- Board members gained valuable leadership, communication and professional training through their service; all 6 have major internships, jobs or are studying abroad
- Increased consistently active membership by 10x, total membership by about 15x
- Launched annual Supply Chain Open Houses; beat attendance goal set by university management by 2x
- Partnered with 11 companies throughout the academic year; increased number of events by 3x
- Launched professional branding of the student chapter, including website redesign (to view this newsletter in the rebranded format, see attached)
- Implemented process to force event planning months in advance, rather than the day before
- Crafted bylaws and associated documents as comprehensive help guides for future boards
- Liaised with the Seidman’s Supply Chain Management Advisory Board
- Expected 100% funding from the university for completion of the rigorous Annual Plan
Great job, folks. Do well on exams, enjoy the summer and enjoy your new jobs/internships/study abroads!
08-12-2013: Fall Semester Events are posted!
Come learn with APICS during the 2013-14 year! Network, find internships, learn and grow.
- Student chapter meeting one Monday night per month (executive board at 4:15, general members at 5)
- Join APICS Grand Rapids chapter for one Wednesday night per month (network with 30 professionals!)
Mission: Launching meaningful careers by acting as the transition agent between the university and the workplace.
Vision: Be the O&SCM internship hotspot for companies and students.